Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentines @Waitrose

All my faithful bloggers know how much I love a bargain...I almost bought about 300 mushrooms for £5 last week, managing to restrain myself  only by reminding myself how much I hate mushroom soup.

Waitrose outdid itself on the Eat In Valentine's Special.

A starter
(I chose Mussels in white wine sauce)
A main
(lamb steaks in red wine and rosemary)
 A side dish
(asparagus)
 A dessert (passion fruit assiette)
 A box of Belgian chocolates, double layer, and a bottle of wine (or champagne)     ....all for £20!

Note to Waitrose....you forgot the flowers.....

Very impressive .
The choices were pretty good. we really enjoyed what we had.

I  went to look at Tesco and Sainsburys as well (even though their TV ads were not awfully inspiring...Rubbish! No value for money at all.

Thus endeth the Valentines Day Shopping Report





No comments:

Post a Comment