Saturday, December 31, 2011

Moving

Well, yes, Xmas and good will and all that, blown out of the water come moving time.

Got back 27th, moved 30th.

Cedric the Asshole Mover, who had assured me that his stupid Luton truck
 (WTF is that anyway?) could move a 3 bedroomed house...
Apparently, me, with my 2 bedroomed, one is a study, so actually only one bed house, has more furniture than an average 3 bedroomed house.
This is despite the fact that I have no white goods.

So, lucky for me, The Gorgeous Son was able , at the last minute to hire another van to take the remainder of the goods. Lucky for us, seeing as Cedric the Asshole Mover would have done another trip for £150 .

Imagine the scene, we have The Hubby, who is already in catatonic shock , as this is the first move in which he has ever been involved, we have Dr Lauren in bossy mode, The New Girlfriend, The Gorgeous Son, Darling Simon, Lindsay Loo, Broken Ankle Man, Cedric the Asshole Mover, Stoyan the Bulgarian Carpet Cleaner, Clive the New Landlord, John the Old Landlord (and his dad) , Charlotte the New Estate Agent, Ann the Inventory Clerk.

 The Hubby and Darling Simon in the van with Asshole Cedric, Dr Lauren and Lindsay Loo on the train, The Gorgeous Son and The New Girlfriend in the extra van...me on my hands and knees being the ousie for hours  afterwards and then training it up to Cambridge...
Rained and rained and rained.

I  am in Cambridge now.
Has stopped raining.

The Acceptable house is acceptable  (actually has a fabulous fitted loft with cupboards and extra storage that the fuckwit agent neglected to mention, so has been a wonderful surprise)

All the family were absolutely amazing and had unpacked half the household by the time I got there.
May I never ever say a negative word against any of them on this blog ever again.
I love them all very very much
We may be moving again in the next year.
Did I say how much I love them???





No comments:

Post a Comment