Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Coat Rack Emergency

Having never needed such an item before now, it's amazing how this has become an absolute necessity !
Last night, the coat rack broke.
With a resounding crack, spilling coats, scarves, umbrellas and hats all over the floor.
This, I may add, was not some cheap shit ikea rack, no indeed, this coat rack came from Dwell, and cost £150.
I bought it over 2 years ago, but when I phoned Dwell, no problem...no questions, no issues ( big applause to Dwell) replacement if I want it, or refund.
Sadly, the replacement only in February, due to the popular demand on these racks.
If only they knew.....
So, sadly, I have to go with a refund, and try to buy a new coat rack.
Easier said than done.
Spent all day online and in some stores (hate it when I actually have to GO to a shop...)
All to no avail.
For the minute, all the coats etc are now flung over the couch.
Charming.

You may wonder why a coat rack is so essential. I know that a Saffa may not understand this.

There is no cupboard space here. Also, it is a bloody pain to go up and down the stairs to get coats and jackets every day.
So, my coat rack stuff: blazer, for cooler days, leather jacket for slightly colder days, coat (2) for kak cold days.
Other coats are actually upstairs in the cupboard. We have many. It's a Pom thing.
Floofy snow jacket is still in the loft...it's not that cold yet.

The Hubby
2 very heavyweight jackets
Black full length coat.
Leather jacket

Also, of course, scarves  and umbrellas.

Actually, no wonder it broke.


No comments:

Post a Comment