Saturday, December 15, 2012

Xmas jerseys

This is definitely a post for Cousin Jane.

Help.

Jersey, jumper , sweater, cardigan...
I ordered a sweater here, which to me would be like a jersey, but turned out to be a sweat shirt.
So a sweater is not a knitted thing, nor indeed is a jumper.
A jersey seems to be knitted.
I know  a cardigan has buttons...Even if it is not  knitted?
As far as I know, a jersey covers everything knitted, a sweater is knitted (apparently not)
 So , what is a jumper?  Is it knitted?

Great Aunt Faith asked , on her Xmas list , for  Totes.
I thought they may be some kind of bag. The Hubby thought they may  be something to do with horses ( makes sense)
Nope.
They are socks.
Who knew?
And , indeed, I have bought some.

On the label it says "Dozy  Totes"
Which to me seems like a pun on "maisey dotes and doesy dotes...
The song?
I think you have to be a Pom.

Even then it's a bit of a stretch.
Who knew shopping would be so hard?








No comments:

Post a Comment