Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Great British Bake Off

What a wonderful programme this is, thank you Dr Lauren for making me watch it!

I know I haven't blogged for ages, but nothing new or exciting has happened, and I am getting so used to being a Pom that I thought there were few surprises left.

Well, I was wrong.
The Great British Bake off has surprised and educated me in Pom Baking.

Firstly, all my life , I have thought this was a muffin.

Apparently not


This is a muffin


Well, who knew? Thinking about it now, my kind of muffin would have been quite an exotic item for The Muffin Man to sell on the streets of Olde London.

And in the same vein, I always thought this was  a flapjack



No...This is a flapjack
This, which I have hitherto known as a crunchie



Today I bought muffins in Tesco. They seem to be a cross between a bread roll and a scone.
Rolled in semolina I believe.
Will give it a try .

No comments:

Post a Comment