Thursday, December 12, 2013

Xmas is coming....

Shocking news...with all the Xmas mail, it is taking TWO DAYS for a first class parcel to arrive...and THREE for a second class.

Even Amazon's one day delivery is taking more than one day.

I was in the local Post Office to send a  few parcels, the queue was about...at worst...10 minutes.

The old chap behind me moaned non stop.

Haven't queued like this since the war!

This would never happen in France (?)

This is what happens when foreigners run the post office
 ( Bangladeshi family who have lived here for 25 years!)

Country is going to the dogs.

I was pretty well behaved for the first 8 minutes, then I told him how it worked in third world countries.
That it was no use bitching about the end of two deliveries a day.
That a ten minute queue was nothing.
And why didn't he move to France.

I said all this very nicely, in a quiet, polite, but probably awfully sarcastic manner.

I then looked on aghast as he shoplifted about 7 items.

He was old.
I didn't want him to be arrested.
I offered the foreign Bangladeshi very nice friendly owner who is always pleasant to me £10 after he had left the shop.

She just smiled.
Said "it's OK" 









No comments:

Post a Comment