Friday, February 7, 2014

Winter walks

The weather is lovely, truly...the sky is blue, the sun is shining, albeit a bit weakly, no icy wind, and I think we got to at least 8 C today! 

MOTHER is visiting.
She does not walk.

And the glorious weather today, as I perceive it, does not mean the same to her.

I went to the village on the bus with her this morning ( 15 minute walk) , but had to break free and let her take the bus alone to Tesco so that I could take the twenty minute walk there .

Now, in South Africa, this would never have happened. I took the good weather so much for granted.
Here, now that I have become such a Pom, blue skies make me step outside for a walk, I love it! 

I know it's only February and winter is far from over, but I feel quite optimistic. It's lighter in the mornings, no snow at all ( yet) no frost...how bad can it be? 

I really truly hope I don't have to eat these words! 



1 comment:

  1. It's not the good weather that you take for granted in South Africa that stops you walking here. It's either too hot to walk about or too far to the destination. I also love walking in England.

    ReplyDelete