Tuesday, December 22, 2009

snow stories

I love the snow. However, I am realising there may be such a thing as a wee bit too much snow.
Car #1 could not leave on Monday night . Too much snow. Roads not working. Hmmm.
So Car #1 left today, and did arrive safe and sound.
Luckily, MOTHER arrived yesterday, as today the station at Glasgow was closed.
As it was , took us 3 hours to get from Kings Cross to home, admittedly , an hour of that was spent in a pub waiting for rush hour to subside. We had to take a taxi from the o2 to the flat, The Hubby and I could have walked it, but not MOTHER. Greenwich was in gridlock, with no buses running, luckily, the taxi could drive in the bus lane up to our flat, but no further.
These poms....a wee bit of snow and the whole country comes to a bloody standstill.

Car#2 has to be picked up tomorrow at 9am and driven back across London... so for the first time ever in my life, I am hoping it does not snow too much.
Then Car #2 needs to drive to Fuckingham, a 2 and a half hour drive (under normal circumstances) to the Xmas Manor. Oh, not Fuckingham.. what the hell is it called??? Fakenham.

Cars#3,4 and 5 are having problems. There is not enough space to take all the xmas presents, food and all the other stuff we need for 12 people.
However, Dr Lauren and I have cleverly solved this. We have taken photos of the larger presents and then left those at home.
So the recipients will get a photograph of their present. I am glad that I am personally not one of those recipients. But will be very funny for those that are. Dr Lauren and I are going to love this!


We have been advised not to undertake unnecessary journeys. Unfortunately , this is a very necessary journey. The Xmas Manor was very expensive and we will not be refunded because of snow.

We have further been advised, that should we decide to take a journey, we need to be prepared. So, indeed we are.
We have bought 2 flasks, and will fill them with a hot drink. We will take blankets in the car. And a change of clothing. Quite why this is advised, I do not know. But I am new to being trapped in the snow so will comply.
There were people trapped in their cars for 8 hours yesterday. I truly hope this does not happen. I would kill MOTHER for a start.
Which is probably not very xmassy.



No comments:

Post a Comment