Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Brmm Brmm

Wonderful being on holiday in Cornwall with The Hubby, but before I say a word about that...I drove! For the first time since I arrived here. I was a bit nervous at the thought of it after all this time, The Hubby saying "it's just like riding a bike" did not help, seeing as I was the one that fell off the bike (twice) in Amsterdam.
But no...I turned on the engine, did a KAK impressive reverse out of a narrow parking in an alley, and I was off!
No problem at all. I had almost forgotten what an exceptionally good driver I was (am)


Especially seeing as this is an average road in Cornwall. I was like a rally driver let me tell you!
This is not a one way either. It is quite hair raising.

No sooner was I behind the wheel than The Hubby turned into a back seat driver. In fact, it was worse, as we had the sat nav, but he had to say what to do BEFORE  Sat Nav Bitch  said it, and then repeat it afterwards.
He went a tad pale on the double roundabout, oh..and when the bus approached...but we survived.


I made The Hubby stand in this road in St Ives for scale.There is a shit load of reversing that goes on in these wee towns! We park and walk. We have walked a million miles since we got here. Uphill.

Tricky driving in the UK. I have no concept of what a mile is. Sat Nav Bitch does not help by saying things like "In 1200 feet, turn left" or " In 0.3 miles take the third exit."
The speedometer too, is a problem. I have no idea how fast I am going. All I know is 30 in town, 70 on the motorway.  20 near a school.
Whatever that is in k's.



No comments:

Post a Comment