Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Monday summer /autumn/summer/autumn

Amazing weather here. This morning it was bright sunshine and rather hot on my walk up the hill to the library.
Rather a pathetic walk, I may add, as my ankle is really in a bad way today. I blame this on standing and ironing for about 2 hours. Housework is SO bad for you.

At lunchtime I had to do a mad dash (on my terrible ankle, while The Hubby was calmly reading his Linux magazine) to get the washing in from the rain and wind and cold that suddenly appeared. Then ran around the house closing the windows I had opened to let the sun and fresh air in earlier. OK, only 2 windows upstairs seeing as there are actually only 3 rooms upstairs and the study is like a cave, the Hubby never opens the window.
After this flurry of activity, the sun came out again. The weather here is quite mad.

At the library there was a mad pom person. As I was waiting to check in my books (they are moving to a new system and the awfully clever self check in is not operational) this guy came up and asked the librarian for a tissue. Off she went to get keys for the toilet or god knows what, obviously tissues are not kept handy for such an emergency, I couldn't stand this person with a dripping nose standing next to me any longer , so I gave him a tissue from my wee tissue packet (in my bag, there is always a tissue packet , waterless hand wash and breath spray, gum, toothpicks and Rennies)
Instead of being grateful, he said "Are these made from recycled paper? They are not very good"
I told him they were better than nothing, but his expression indicated that they were not. The librarian came back with toilet paper, which he seemed to prefer.
Then he says to the poor librarian "Can I have a glass of water?"
Lordy! Flaming cheek.
All this , however , deflected from the fact that my books were a day late.
All in all, quite good then.
Oh what an exciting life I do lead!



No comments:

Post a Comment