Thursday, September 29, 2011

Indian Summer

Phew! It is really hot hot hot! 27C. I am sitting outside in little intervals as it is actually too hot for me.

Yesterday the autumn/winter clothes I ordered arrived.
I love shopping online.

I have realised that in South Africa, you dress to be cool and stay cool, or be warm and stay warm.
No good here. You can't be in a big bulky jersey and then have to deal with central heating/heated transport/ heated shops...you would be doing an eternal strip tease.
So I have bought light cardies and jumpers to wear under my coats. This seems unimaginable now, in this heat.
 I have packed all the new clothes away.

The Hubby is doing some computer stuff upstairs , but in a bit we shall head off to The Worst Pub in The World, which, strangely, is growing on me.
They had 2 events recently, one in which they paraded through town and sprinkled/threw talcum powder on everyone (?) and  2, Talk like a Pirate Day. They are mad.
But...they have tidied up a bit in the garden, and at the minute the pub is festooned with pirate stuff, including a large fishing net and a shark.





No comments:

Post a Comment