Monday, August 13, 2012

Olympic Fever

I cannot begin to describe how wonderful my Olympic Experience was.

It is truly a Bucket List thing.

The Poms have got to be the most amazingly organised people in the entire world.

I hope everyone apologizes to Boris, whom they criticized daily on the run up to the Olympics, and who actually did a fantastic job.
Everything was so incredible that it is hard to single out the best bits.

I bought a British Team GB flag , which I wore.
This was  odd for me.
I felt a bit disloyal to SA, and felt that I should be wearing a SA flag.
I had to take a moment and justify it to myself, the fact that I was actually born here and now live here.
Still, although I felt very proud of being a Pom, at the same time I felt a bit uncomfortable.
Obviously the process is taking longer than I thought.


This Olympic weekend though, has truly been one of the highlights of my life.
I will probably bore my grandchildren with the story.
Of course it would be a lot more impressive if I could say that Grandma was taking part in the Olympics, rather than just going to see the high diving semi finals.
But we can't all be Jennifer Ennis's grandma.

There was the largest Mc Donalds in the world in the park.
We decided to go for the Seafood and Champagne option.
So much healthier
So much more expensive..
Saffas, read no further!



We didn't have this...and we actually had a very nice South African Chenin  Blanc for only £5.95 a glass.




 Everyone was so nice and sweet and helpful...even the bobbies took the time to take pics when asked!

I was sad to see it all over, then I remembered the paralympics!
Yes!
Applying for tickets straight away!





No comments:

Post a Comment