Thursday, August 9, 2012

Rubbish

Every Monday at 6pm, my phone alarm goes off, prompting mass panic.
Rubbish Day!
Incidentally, the Poms do not call it Rubbish Day, rubbish is used as an adjective here, not a noun.
They call it Bin Day, or Recycling Day.
So, the alarm goes off, then it is " Which Rubbish Day is it? Is it Black  Bin day, which means I must empty the Red Bin and the White Bin into the Black Bin, or Blue and Green Bin Rubbish Day which means I must empty the Green  Inside  Bin and the Kitchen Caddy Bin into the Blue and Green Bins respectively?
I have a wheelie bin service now that cleans my bins for £30 quarterly.
There is something oddly satisfying about having clean bins.

These are the days of my life!
But, not all Rubbish.

On Friday we are heading off to London town to attend the Olympics!
Very very exciting.
We have been watching a LOT of  TV .
There are 25 dedicated channels for Olympics.
Darling  Simon has a 3D TV  , what a thing it is indeed, to see the games in 3D!
I was quite blown away. Swimming events in 3D are amazing.

The Hubby and I have very different tastes when it comes to Olympic events.
Who knew he was so interested in weightlifting?
Laughed to myself all day after seeing a weightlifting event that I thought was the men's but was actually the ladies?
I have no interest in hockey, was traumatised at school by being made to weed the hockey field as punishment for anything .
Loving the running and the jumping.
Have missed all my usual TV viewing. Thank goodness for catch up TV.










No comments:

Post a Comment