Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Great North Adventure

Very exciting...we are off on a Great Trip tomorrow.

The reason for this Fabulous Outing is a Wonderful Wedding.
In a CASTLE.
You cannot imagine how excited I am about this!
Only in England!

Now, imagine this...the lovely delightful child  (child? I shall have to not think of her as such! The lovely delightful woman ) is the daughter of the lovely delightful lady who gave the stork party for Dr Lauren 30 years ago.

Old friends are the best friends indeed.

So, off we go to The Great North in the cold and ice.
We have to prepare for this journey, in case it snows.
Last week, people were stuck on the M25 for 14 hours.

We are ready!
In the boot, we have packed the following:

A blanket
Water
A flask of hot water
A torch
A high visibility jacket
Snow shovel
Salt
Antifreeze
Food.

I do think we may need  to include a bucket or similar receptacle in case I need to pee. This is problematic. I do not want to pee in the snow in view of a queue of hundreds of cars. I do not want to pee in a bucket in the car in view of The Hubby.
In 30 years  of marriage, The Hubby has never seen me pee, I really don't intend to start now.
It may indeed, though, be necessary.
Him, or the other 100 people on the A1M.
Hmm.

We have extra clothes seeing as we will be away for almost a week. Admittedly , most of the clothes are very posh and smart for the wedding,but if necessary, we can wear them all at once.
If I end up a frozen corpse, I can be buried in my Phase Eight outfits and save everyone a lot of trouble . If in doubt, the Black Dress would probably be best.  If it comes to it, I will wear that one on top of the pink floral and the brown embroidered one.

We are travelling first to Dr Lauren in Leeds  (2 hours) then off the next day up to the CASTLE (another 2 hours)
So, not exactly The Great Trek.
But we are Poms.
AKA Wimps in terms of travel.

We will see Cuz Jane, sure she will laugh at our preparations, but we are Following Procedure.
You Never Know.






No comments:

Post a Comment