Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Shakespeare

Very exciting...I have never yet been to Stratford Upon Avon.
I have to admit, and I am embarrassed to admit to this.
I went to a private school. (This is not the embarrassing part)
We read Shakespeare every year.
We learnt everything there was to learn about Shakespeare.
We drew pictures of the Globe.

On my first trip  down the Thames , I was very very surprised to see The Globe.
Nobody told me it was not actually in Stratford Upon Avon.
Or, perhaps, I did not pay attention.
Cannot believe that I would have missed that fact in more than 6 years of Shakespeare.

Maybe I was actually that stupid.

Moving on...

It was amazing how Shakespeare came to life in this visit. I loved it.
Also, was quite impressed at the depth of my knowledge.
Apart from the Globe thing.

Ok...lost all credibility there I guess, but really...otherwise...


No comments:

Post a Comment