Wednesday, May 20, 2009

House Hunting

I have walked the requisite 500 miles again today.
Being an estate agent myself is not so much a help when looking at properties. I can negotiate the price down, get extras thrown in and frighten the poor agents to death, but I have no control over the crap they show me.
So.....tomorrow it's back to Greenwich Millenium Village. That is going to be the spot. I like it. The apartments are modern and light. OK, from the outside it looks like a Lego Village, but it is an eco estate and has a river and a park....is close to the O2 and all transport, it has a 24 hour concierge and is walking distance to a Sainsburys.
The outlying villages we have looked at are lovely and quaint...they are also too far from public transport and are a bit old and damp and, quite frankly, smelly. Well, the ones in our price range anyway. Can anyone in South Africa IMAGINE paying R4000 per WEEK for a 2 bedroomed apartment?
Lordy Lordy.
Note to self: Suck it up and stop whining.

Sun is out and it is 18 degrees.
I learnt a lot today.
A day without learning is a day wasted

No comments:

Post a Comment