Friday, May 21, 2010

Friends

So here's the thing.....
People my age have enough friends and don't want to make more.
Very few people my age in London anyway.
I don't think I am going to make any friends here any time soon. Actually, I do not really want a Pom friend as they all seem to be a bit odd. I don't understand them, and they sure don't understand me. There actually is a song here called 'I've never met a nice South African' Can you BELIEVE that!

When we move to the Caterham Cottage (if the fuckwit agents and brokers and attorneys ever get their arses into gear and we ever actually move into the house) MAYBE because it is a village , there will be a book club/ something club, or I will get a job and meet work people.

Otherwise I will just turn into a mad old bat that speaks to herself all day. Perhaps I will get a cat.
Do I really need friends ? Not so much. I have skype, and Amiga Jane is moving here soon, and Charlotte is here, and First friend Kaybee , and of course Neil Worrell Esq, jeez...how many friends do I need?
I think I am not missing friends so much as I am missing work. Is getting a bit old, being an ousie all day. Even in London.
But I do miss my SA friends, I have met LOTS of nice South Africans . Stupid song.




No comments:

Post a Comment