Thursday, May 26, 2011

On the domestic front....

This is my new iron. I know...almost as pathetic as when I bought the Dyson Vaccuum cleaner.
 This, is a fan fucking tastic iron let me tell you. It cost £99. It irons like a dream.
Unfortunately , I now have to buy a new ironing board to fit this massive iron on. It seems that such a board will cost me in the region of £50.
Never mind. If you have ironing done here, it costs £20 for 5 shirts .I iron everything, always have.
So I guess it's worth it.
If, when I was 16, someone had told me I would be so excited about an iron I would have killed myself right there and then.

I have now, as I have said before, totally become a Pom.
Today, when I received a parcel from Nespresso, the manufacturer of our coffee machine, with recycling bags enclosed for the spent coffee capsules, I did not think 'Kak! More recycling'
No, I thought 'What a good idea! How ecologically splendid'
Which it is.
Up until now, the coffee capsules cannot go in the food bin, as they have a tin covering. They cannot go with the tins as they have a food interior, so they had to go in landfill AND THAT IS A BAD THING!




No comments:

Post a Comment