Thursday, May 26, 2011

On the MOTHER front

Yesterday MOTHER went to visit a friend whom she has not seen for 53 years.
Admittedly, (Google is your friend) I did find this friend for her.
It is amazing , the lengths one will go to, to have a day of peace and quiet.

So, today, I have cleaned, vacuumed, polished, read, and had a lovely day altogether.

Went to Clapham Junction at 5pm to fetch MOTHER.
You may not know this, but Clapham Junction is the busiest station in the whole of Europe.
Peak Hour.
There was also a fucking monsoon.
 HAIL!
(or what they call hail in this country..little teeny weeny balls)
THUNDER! LIGHTNING!
So, here am I ..soaked to the skin..peering through a waterfall , looking for MOTHER , who , let me tell you, was less than impressed with the weather.
Is my fault, seeing as I told her the weather is better in London.
When I left Surbiton, it was bright sunshine...if I had known it was going to rain like that I would have taken an umbrella.
But, here, there is no warning. It just suddenly RAINS.
Sun/rain

Also, not actually my fault that one can't smoke on a train, and that , due to some odd theory known only to MOTHER,, only whores smoke in the street, MOTHER was not a happy person until we got home, and in a daughterly gesture of sympathy , I let her smoke in the kitchen with the door open.

I am A SAINT!




No comments:

Post a Comment