Friday, October 14, 2011

Dark mornings...

This morning when I went to make coffee

 (The Hubby does not perform this chore. I ask myself..
Why? ..
I remind myself:
 Because I have spoilt  him rotten for  30 years)

Anyway, this morning ,  for the first time since  late October last year ,I had to switch the kitchen light on at 7am. Gone are the days when we had coffee at 5 am in bright light before The Hubby left for Dublin.

Still and all, the rest of the day was fabulous, sunny, warm, T Shirt weather. Washing drying weather. Amazing..
End of October, still fab weather..
Fab weather being 15 C plus.


So...just a thought.

Differences between Saffas and Poms.

What Saffas take for  granted:

Weather
Domestic help
Driving in cars
Braai's
Large houses and gardens


What Poms take for granted

National Heath Scheme
Public Transport
Social services
Policing
Transparent government
Secular Country

I may be wrong, I may be putting my personal stake on this...but it seems to me that what the Poms take for granted is what the Saffas would love to have. And indeed, vice versa.
Just that weather does not outdo the social benefits here.
Could never have afforded the broken ankle on Discovery Health.















No comments:

Post a Comment