Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

 In the past, I have been quite rude about The Worst Pub in The World, but it has redeemed itself big time
and now is my favourite pub. Up until now , The Hubby and I have only popped in for a drink late afternoon , but at night...goodness! This odd pub comes to life. Imagine our surprise on Halloween (which is , for some odd reason, a MASSIVE thing here) to find the pub crowded with  hundreds of people, all dressed to kill. (literally)
The pub looked weirdly fabulous, with smoke bombs going off, and special effects lighting, absolutely amazing. There was hardly room to breathe, never mind move.
Then, at 11.30, a strange thing. Must be a Pom thing. The landlord came out to the garden/marquees, and said "Right, everyone inside now", and indeed, all the people , without a murmur, filed into the pub. Impossible really, seeing as the pub was already full, but even though it took a good 10 minutes, everyone squished inside. We had to leave, there was simply no space.
My photos do not do any justice to the evening, as I didn't take my camera and just had the stupid phone camera.
All the drinks were glowing in the ultra violet lights, there was a group of 10 all dressed in amazing alien costumes, klu klux klan, nazis (ok, so not awfully PC) , also, it is not always such a good idea to take photos of arb people, so I did have to restrain myself. But what a hoolie! If we are still here next year, I may even dress. Broken Ankle Man had the best ever Halloween costume, a black T shirt that said BOO!
He is so funny.




No comments:

Post a Comment