Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Madiba



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGS7SpI7obY


 I have so little to say, having grown up under the apartheid regime.
 State controlled media , no TV until 1976, no idea how the rest of the world worked.
No access to any books or magazines that would "pervert " us.
 Being taught that Madiba was a terrorist, never being able to see what he looked like when he was a banned person, never saw an image of him or heard his voice until the late 80's.
 Unbelievable, I know, but that's the way it was.
 What were our parents thinking ? And the nuns at our school?
 We taught our children differently, hard as it was in those days. Imagine living in the Free State and allowing your children to have black friends? Bloody hell.

 When I say Happy Birthday Madiba, I mean it with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment