Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hilti

This is a Hilti.
Unknown in the UK.
A device that is as cheap as chips (as they say here) for knocking nails into the wall with no mess, no fuss.
This Hilti was brought over for me by The Famous Brother seeing as I left/sold my hilti before I came here , thinking that it would be a stock item.
Well, not so much.
The Hilti as I know it has never been on sale in the UK.
Nobody knows why.
And god knows they need it here as the walls are not real walls, they are all cardboard.
When I first went into our local hardware shop, Jewsons (?) they got all excited, as the hilti stuff here is SERIOUS hardware that starts at about £4000.
They had never heard of the wee hilti nail knocker inner.
I lost my hilti for two weeks and have been searching madly for it.
Looked everywhere, and , believe me, in these small Pom  houses, everything has a place. I usually know where everything is down to the last pin.

My problem was  (stupid me)I was looking for a RED Hilti, and the one The Famous Brother brought was a GREY hilti. They obviously changed the colour since I left, or The Famous Brother got me a knock off. Hmm...

Bit like a Hidden Object game.
Anyway, found it today, and in three seconds put all the pictures up in the spare room.
Easy Peasy.



2 comments:

  1. Bring this to Leeds when you come visit!!! - lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Could you tell me where "The Famous Brother" got it from. We used to have one too (also red) and I have been trying to find one to replace it for years.

    Thanks
    H

    ReplyDelete