Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday Shopping

It's amazing how my shopping habits have changed.

Mainly due to lack of space, I shop almost daily, we eat all fresh, hardly any frozen or tinned .
My teeny tiny deep freeze holds the once in a blue moon pack of oven chips, and, dare I say it? 
Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire Puds.

( I hope neither MOTHER nor The Hubby read this. Or Darling Simon. he was shocked enough at the Smash and frozen roast potatoes.)

 Today, Tesco  was so busy, but due to the amazing choice of ways to pay (self scan, self serve, baskets only, tills, assisted tills, disabled tills) there is simply no queuing.

At the door there were some people handing out shopping lists for shoppers to buy and donate for "People in Crisis" 

Now, I do try very hard not to be  an annoying Saffa, which is why I say most of these things in my head, to myself, or indeed, on my blog.

I am sure there are People in Crisis, and I am sorry that there are , and I did donate some foodstuffs, 
But I want to say "Crisis? Call this a Crisis? "

Much as I try not to say such things as :

Lightning? Call this lightning?
Hailstones? Call these hailstones?
Riot? Call this a riot? 
Police Brutality? You have to be kidding me...
Crime? You don't know crime!

And even down to:

Rubbish TV? You have no idea....
Poor postal service? Late buses? Slow trains? 

I will stop now.
I can truly see why The Poms hate us Saffas.
We really can be annoying.









No comments:

Post a Comment