Thursday, October 10, 2013

Adventures in Cambridge

Well, indeed , what a night.

Was approached at the bus stop some time ago , and asked if I would take part in a survey about council spending.
In the spirit of bonding with Cambridge, I said yes.
Was duly given a time and date to attend the meeting.
And indeed, would be paid £40 for doing this.
As the time approached, I became apprehensive.
I asked Dr Lauren if I would perhaps be kidnapped by a cult.

She thinks I am mad anyway, but assured me that this was highly unlikely.

So off I went.
Bear in mind that my night vision is rubbish.
Google maps showed me that it was pretty easy to get there.

Sat Nav bitch, had other ideas.
Instead of taking me on the way  suggested by google maps, it took me on the A14 , had no idea where I was going, especially seeing as the fecking Tom Tom fell off the windscreen on the way there.
Had no idea where I was once I got  there.

Fabulous fabulous evening. 
Started at 8 and was going to last for 2 hours, I thought " Bloody  hell, this is going to be a nightmare..."
 Not so! It was fabulously fascinating.
Indeed, tomorrow I will dedicate an entire blog to the experience.

But for now, I am just going to have a bitch.

Apart from the fact that I had no idea where I was, I rested assured in the fact I could get home.
Put "home" into the Sat Nav.
Did not take me home 
Took me into the middle of fecking nowhere .
Also , the volume disappeared and the Sat Nav thing fell off the windscreen.


The Hubby had made the decision that it is a bad idea to put Home into your Sat Nav as Home.

So, here is me, with feck all night vision ( thank you early laser surgery)
Put in"Home"

Drive.
Sat Nav Bitch says.."you have reached your destination" 

No, I have not!
I was halfway to Ely.

I am VERY CROSS.
Especially when I got home and and the Hubby laughed.

Still and all, it was an interesting evening and I got £40. 
Mad
I would have happily done it for free.
Apart from the Sat Nav Thing.













No comments:

Post a Comment