Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Council affairs

So...very interesting. 

At the focus group, everything the council pays for was laid out.
Health and safety, environmental affairs, community work.

We worked in groups, allocating what was most important.

For me, I love Health  and Safety.
 Coming from a country where it is not an issue, I love it! I dont care how mad they get, how over the top, it is so very important.
Also, I love Protecting the Environment.
I like assisting the elderly and disabled.
I like community development.

So..where do we make cuts?

At the end of the group, they gave us all these departments, gave us points, and asked what we would cut.

Very very hard.

Do we cut Helping the Elderly?
Removing graffiti?
Maintaining parks and child friendly areas?
Community functions?
CCTV?
Homeless issues?
Libraries?
Refuse removal/ recycling?
Tourists?
Public toilets?

Was very very hard.
I have a real respect for our councillors .

No wonder they paid me £40
I was exhausted! 








No comments:

Post a Comment