Friday, October 4, 2013

Amazon is cool

I love amazon.co.uk.
Truly I do.
I do an unbelievable amount of shopping via amazon.
Birthday gifts? No prob, gift wrapped with message, delivered no mess no fuss.
Kindle books appear in less than a second.
Odd books I look for are available at 1p plus delivery.
Clothes? Fabulous , no need to go to shops and try them on in fitting rooms.
Sending stuff to SA..no prob! 


In all the 4 years I have dealt with them, I have had only 2 occaisions to call them about a problem.
First time, I was amazed to be speaking to a Saffa...they have a call centre in the City Bowl in Cape Town. who knew? 
(Well, actually The Hubby knew this)

So , we had a lovely chat, solved the really very small issue...fabulous.

I had occaision to call them again yesterday about an order I placed that didn't go through for some odd reason.
Again, solved with no hassle at all.
This time it was a call centre in Ireland.
By the end of the conversation you would swear I had been born in Dublin. I got more and more Irish as the conversation progressed, I think I stopped just short of saying " Begorrah"
I really truly hope they did not tape the call for training purposes.

So now I have a months free trial with free delivery ( I have already had four free deliveries) 
£49 a year. This includes special next day delivery on any order. Next Day! It is amazing. Indeed I am going to send everyone I know a wee parcel.
(Hope The Hubby is not reading this ) 

The nice Irish guy said to me at least three times, " if you at any time find this not to be cost effective for you, contact me immediately so that you will not be billed for the service if you don't want to continue" 

 To which I replied " aye, sure I will and all" 

Bloody hell. 






No comments:

Post a Comment