Sunday, January 30, 2011

Anniversary

Started off really well with the gift of an eternity ring from The Hubby and ended up in A & E.
You may think these two things are not linked, but indeed, I was on my way down the stairs to show SA Sam the ring when I missed the last step, and as most of you know, broke 3 bones in my ankle.

I swore mightily,and , for some odd reason , apart from 'fuck' , all in Afrikaans.
Poor SA Sam and the hubby panicked and screamed at the sight of my turned the wrong way round foot, but managed to pull themselves together after I told them to phone 999.

The ambulance arrived in less than 5 minutes. The nice ambulance men gave me gas and air before wrenching my foot straight. Unable to find a vein, they then gave me morphine. Luckily they did not speak Afrikaans.

Naked except for the pink floofy dressing gown off I went to the hospital.
The Hubby came with in the ambulance, quite thrilled by the wee seat he strapped himself onto, he told me was just like in 'Thunderbirds.'
I inhaled more gas and air.

No comments:

Post a Comment