Monday, January 31, 2011

Home

An entire week spent not moving from my hospital bed apart from half an hour's training on crutches, has left me a weak as a kitten.

I always got that song wrong..."Look at me...I'm as helpless as a chicken up a tree..."

I digress.

So not actually as easy as I thought. Stairs are a big problem. I can go up and down on my bottom.
Oh get me! I am such a Pom! I mean bum.

There is a small landing at the very top of the (steep ) stairs. I cannot get up and down on my crutches. I have to pathetically CRAWL to the toilet.
If the heating is on I cannot pull myself up using the towel rail, it's too hot. Have to haul myself up using the toilet . I am expecting to get stronger soon.

My foot cannot at any time touch the ground, and I have to elevate it for 55 minutes in the hour.

It is Day 3 of 6 weeks. I have had to make some plans.
SA Sam is staying at the moment to help look after me. I have sent her to get another pair of crutches. One for upstairs, one for downstairs. And a block of wood to fill in the big step on the landing.

I managed to have a bath and wash my hair with the help of The Hubby. I was quite impressed at how he managed to haul me out of the bath with such ease! He almost drowned me washing my hair, but that was fine. He held the bowl for me to spit in brushing my teeth . In the bath. Disgusting, I know, but no other way at the moment.
For better or for worse.
I think he is getting fed up with me.

I may have mentioned once too often that the carpet needs vaccuuming and the skirting boards are dusty as I crawled along the floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment