Monday, January 31, 2011

Dr Lauren

Very impressed with the NHS and Dr Lauren.

Usually a patient is not given very much information about what is going on, but Dr Lauren was on hand to calm things down and explain the whole procedure, check out the x rays, read my charts..she was fantastic. Although, there also is such a thing as too much information.

She distracted me from my pain while waiting for x rays by raiding the supply cupboard in the room we were in and making me a balloon man using an inflated surgical glove, tongue depressors, temperature ear nozzles and surgical tape.

When they straightened the bones in my ankle, she told me what drug they were going to use, and how fab it was and that I wouldn't remember the pain. She was quite right. I did , however, remember having 3 legs and there being a dog in the proceedings somewhere....


No comments:

Post a Comment