Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dinner parties

Dr Lauren and Darling Simon are coming for dinner after their 15 mile walk (preparation for Peru Mountain Climbing)
So, we are having Roasted Cod, (sustainable, Waitrose, Line caught) with barley, 'erbs, chopped almonds, cinnamon, lemon...baby leaf rocket salad with avo. (avo's 5 for £1 in Kingston market) and then to follow, HOME MADE Blood orange Granita with Vanilla ice cream (Cornish, made with clotted cream ) and for the non dairy people (me and Dr Lauren), Madagascan Vanilla yoghurt (made from Channel Island milk)
Darling Simon may protest about the cod, but I have done all in my power to make sure it is acceptable. Dr Lauren said that he may argue no cod is sustainable....I am taking the risk! Brave me!

Bit more simple tomorrow when The Gorgeous Son and the Sams come for dinner... Topside joint (£11.10) Yorkshire puddings and veg, followed by designer cupcakes. (not actually designed by me)

And while I was on a roll at Waitrose, I bought fresh olive blossom and cotton fragrance inspired by nature ironing water for The Hubby's shirts.




No comments:

Post a Comment