Wednesday, July 13, 2011

London Underground

As you know, we Hardened Londoners do not speak to each other on the tube.
There is a competition/comment running at the minute (by the Metro, our free newspaper we get on the tube), asking "What would make you talk to a fellow commuter?"
This is very interesting.

I did think long and hard, and this is all I could come up with.

If there was a disaster , like Princess Diana's death, or 9/11
If the train crashed
If somebody had a heart attack/baby/fit in the carriage.
If somebody vomited/screamed/fought/had a knife (maybe) Usually , in this case, people just film it on their phones and then post it on you tube.
If somebody lit a cigarette.
Last week , a tube took off and the doors didn't close. I should imagine people spoke to each other then, but probably just the tourists.


That's about it, actually.

When I travel away from London, and people talk to me (like in Dublin, on the Luas) it makes me very nervous.
Sad, but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment