Monday, July 4, 2011

We're all going on a ...

Summer holidays are a big deal . I didn't notice this last year, probably because I was in the middle of finding a place to live and the estate agents were doing my head in (as they say here)

The conversations, the papers, the mags...all one question "Where are you going for your summer holiday?"

As it happens, we are going to Cornwall in September.
This doesn't count.
You have to have a holiday away from Britain.
Dr Lauren is sorted, she and Darling Simon are going to Gambia.
The Gorgeous son is sorted, he is going to Poland and Vienna.

Last year, we inadvertently got it right by going to Northern Spain, but that was before I knew what a big deal this Summer Holiday Issue is.
I am thinking Berlin. The weather is good, I can speak (some) German, last time The Hubby was in Berlin , the wall was still up , so this seems like a good idea.
god forbid we don't fit in!

No comments:

Post a Comment