Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cambridge News

Most exciting day!
I went for my very first 'Reading Group ' at the local Library.
Sadly, unbeknownst  to me, it had actually been cancelled, but also , thankfully, this fact was also unbeknowst to 2 other people.
The book we read was 'The Grapes of Wrath'
Dear lord what a depressing book. I know that I should have read this book already, but do bear in mind it was banned in South Africa during the years that one would normally read this type of book.
I have a wonderful book, given to me by my Lovely Hey She Wow Friend, it is entitled 'One Hundred Great Books In Haiku'

Grapes of Wrath

Okie Exodus
Ma Joad's fambly keeps movin'
Where are the darned grapes?

Indeed, that about sums it up.

Anyway, reading group was good, and I look forward to the next time, with full attendance. Maybe this will be as nice a group as the Greenwich one.

Were interrupted by slightly odd woman (with beard) who seems to be a local  eccentric.
She is terribly awfully well spoken, and as mad as a hatter.

Living out here in the sticks is getting interesting.





No comments:

Post a Comment