Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day Accessory

As it happened,I got a call from the doctor saying there had been a cancellation.... This meant that, Joy oh Joy, I was next in line for the 24 hour blood pressure monitor. So, for the whole of Valentines Day (and night) I wore an alarmingly large appliance consisting of boxes and wires and a arm thingy, that took my blood pressure every hour, accompanied by strange hissing and beeping noises. Amusing, on the bus. Not so amusing every hour throughout the night. Also, not awfully romantic. Also, could not bath or shower (obviously) during this period. The NHS does not hand out blood pressure tablets willy nilly! Nonetheless , we had a lovely Valentine's Day meal (cooked by me) and The Hubby , despite my previous post, came home laden down with flowers, chocolates and teddy bears. Amused The Gorgeous Son no end when he came to visit during the 24 hours and had to go out with a mother with an inflating arm......

No comments:

Post a Comment