Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ding Dong

Ding Dong The Witch is Dead..
Number 2 on the BBC Top 40  Chart Show.
I am glad it wasn't number one, it has taken away the 'Will they, wont they'  play it issue.
I am sad that Maggie Thatcher has died. I admired her .
I am alarmed at the reaction here, I knew people hated her, but , wow, no, not nice.

I don't like to see the way some people are celebrating her death, and opposing the State Funeral.

I would not presume to comment on the politics of it all, I didn't live here then. 
It always amused me , when it was said that Maggie got the Poms up off their arses and onto their knees.
I thought it was funny.
Again, I didn't live here then.

There are many people here who view Mandela only as a terrorist.
And some who know absolutely nothing about him, FW, or Zuma.
And a dear woman, who asked where I came from, said "South Africa? Isn't there a war there?"
I know as little about the UK under Maggie as people here know about SA under Zuma.

I am surprised at the State Funeral. I don't think it is really necessary, and it is going to cause an awful lot of problems on the day.
But, all that said, I did like her. 
Her family surely loved her, so lets just have a respectful funeral, come on, play nice.






No comments:

Post a Comment