Friday, April 5, 2013

Friends?

Anyone who knows me would be amazed at how nice I am being.

I wave motorists ahead of me, I let people in the queue ahead of me, I held a screaming baby so his mother could unpack her groceries,  I unpacked a trolley for a really pregnant lady, I all but saved an elderly lady's LIFE for fuck's sake. ( OK I just fanned her lightly and told her my daughter was a doctor...but it worked! She felt better! )

 I gave my leftover Pyrex Dishes Coupons to a woman in Tesco, I smile and say Hello to everyone , and STILL nobody will be my friend. Or even smile and be pleasant.

Well, let me tell you Cambridge, this is your last chance.

Tomorrow I am going to a fancy tea party at a fancy hotel with a fancy guest speaker, hosted by a fancy Cambridge Blogger.
I will wear my best outfit (with a hat) and be VERY nice to everybody.
Admittedly, the last time I wanted to attend a tea party hosted by this very same person, it proved to be impossible due to the fact that I had just moved up to Cambridge from London and did not have a car, and due to the provincial nature of Cambridge it was impossible for me to attend without paying about £40 for a taxi.
I did blog something along the lines of Fuck These Village People.
Still, forgive and forget....
We shall see.
I will report back.






No comments:

Post a Comment