Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sweet William

Just delightful, what a wonderful opportunity it was indeed to meet William Hanson, expert in Etiquette, indeed, extreme expert, knowing much much more than me, who considers myself to be quite the expert in all things etiquette.
 But not as expert as Sweet William who advises Downton Abbey.
And indeed, is the current foremost expert in the entire world.

And a lovely boy indeed.
I can say this, seeing as I am way way older than him.

The tea itself...well, let me not name or shame, but truly, the hotel needs a lesson in serving High Tea.
Dreadful service by totally disinterested staff.
Sandwiches were ok, but served just slapped onto a plain plate. Not a garnish in sight.
Cakes...well, the least said the better, the lady next to me commented that the cupcakes looked liked something she could herself have made at home on a bad day.
The scones were ok, but the rest of the Cakey things were pretty much unidentifiable.
And ugly.
I really don't do ugly.

No sugar tongs for the sugar cubes, no sliced lemon for the tea.....for those of us who don't have milk...I have never been so disappointed in my life.
Well, that's not  true, let me clarify,  I have never been so disappointed by a High Tea in my life.
High  Tea my arse.
Sweet William remained a perfect gentleman and did not comment at all on any of this.
I would have gone berserk.
This is probably why he is the leading expert in the field, and not me.

Still and all, the people who attended the tea were lovely. I had a really nice afternoon.

Pity that I will never be able to speak to any of them ever again due to the fact that data restrictions do not allow me to get their e mail addresses or info in case I may be a mad stalker or identity theft person.
Not indeed, a person who might want to just be a friend.
Nope.
So, basically, no....not saying it again!
Nothing has changed
*sigh*










4 comments:

  1. If your the expert in all things etiquette why do you use such rude language and be so catty on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...but I did say etiquette , did I not? I said nothing about manners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. same thing really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan! Cambridge sounds like Tasmania - i have been here four years this winter, and no-one wants to be friends! I have taken cakes to new neighbours (still haven't got the bloody expensive tupperware cake container back) I have joined crap ladies groups (finger-down-the-throat-gag but I TRIED!) I smile and chat to anyone and i too hold babies to help struggling mums (also just am mad for babies and would probably run off with them if it weren't illegal) but it's just so CLOSED down here. If you weren't born here you don't fit, no-ones taking "new friend" applications. pisses me off no end

    ReplyDelete