Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Neighbourhood Watch

I love the neighbour who lives behind us.
I have never met him, have no idea what he looks like...but he has a dog called Lucy, and he loves her so much.

He has an incredibly LOUD voice , and a very strong accent..not quite London, not from the North..but I think somewhere close to London.
He swears like a trooper.

He also, to my delight, not only talks to Lucy, but sings songs to her.

There is the "I Love Lucy " song

I love Lucy
Yes I do
Even when she does a poo.

There is the "dinner time " song

Lucy Lucy lucky you
Here is dinner just for you

These lines are sung at least 5 times each, with a variety of variations.

Then there are the long conversations explaining why she has to have a bath, why he is going out, why she is a rubbish guard dog...all very amusing.
I thought he was quite an old guy, but no, he is 45. 
I know this because he told Lucy.

I can't see him because our back fence is quite high. I have no idea what kind of dog Lucy is, but I never hear her bark or whine, I am guessing Labrador.

Our neighbourhood is odd.
There are some very nice detached houses. Some quite nice semi detached (that would be ours) and some yucky semi detached,  all these within the same area.

(For the Saffas, the worst, absolute worst house in the area sells for £235 000)

The streets wind around with no grid system at all. 
I went for a walk, had only travelled about 10 minutes and bloody hell, was in a strange area with actual street urchins.

Urchins....I swear to god.


No comments:

Post a Comment