Thursday, September 26, 2013

Travellers?


It was always a thing that somewhere in my past, I was related to the gypsies.

Although  now, it is not PC to say gypsy, one must say Traveller.

Anyway, I was related to gypsies in the Romany sense, and indeed, Irish Horse Thieves sense. 

Lets not pretend I am of Downton Abbey Heritage! 

My grandmother always commented that the fact I never wore shoes was due to  the "Bad Blood" 

Never bothered me, I always thought my gypsy heritage was quite charming.

Until I saw "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" 

Seeing as how we are not supposed to say gypsy, but anyway....that's what the programme is called.


Bloody hell! 

It is truly fascinating .  Thousands of £££'s spent on weddings, not exactly the idea I had of gypsies, but I guess times have moved on....

Biggest day of their lives,no expense spared...












No comments:

Post a Comment