Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sonic



 A very enjoyable day spent in the pet shop looking for a home for Sonic.

Looked online forever for a hedgehog home, bloody hell, they ranged from £99 for what was basically an upside down pot with a hole for a door, to £28 which was a teeny grass hut.
No good at all.
In the pet shop , although they had everything else known and unknown to man...
Like this...



And this....an edible hut?? 



Ended up buying what essentially is a small rabbit house ( sorry Sonic) but seems to be just fine.

Of course, it will not be placed on the lawn, this was just for photographic purposes.
You may note that the lawn is somewhat overgrown.

Well, yes, because it will simply not get dry enough to cut! 
I have reseeded the bits I ripped out ( moss and weeds)
Now I can't mow the fecking stuff because it will just rip this sissy baby Pom  grass out by its roots.
Come back, kikuyu grass, all is forgiven...

I digress...


So, Sonic came for his late night snack tonight, I was very excited and said
 " Look , Sonic, mamma has bought you a wee house for you to hibernate in!"

I said to The Hubby, "pick him up...pick him up and show him! "

The Hubby said something quite rude and did not pick Sonic up.
Never mind.

Tomorrow I will place the wee hibernation house, add straw ( left over from my goat recipe from Hugh Wittingstone- Twit  ( as The Hubby calls him) and have all in place for the hibernation period.

This is worrying because it is autumn and today was 20 odd degrees.

Never mind.
I did have a place in mind for the wee hibernation house, but tonight Sonic seemed to be almost making a nest in the back alley under the leaves that I have not yet swept up.
So I think I shall place the wee hibernation house there.

Whilst in the pet shop, which was FANTASTIC , I got a leaflet from a RSPC person to whom I gave a substantial amount of change 




Most helpful! 
Bless.

Also , oddly....




Why?? 

There was a really lovely rabbit , but The Hubby said NO! 

Even with insurance.




No comments:

Post a Comment