Monday, June 1, 2009

Food and Drink

We have found our local pub. It is called The Pilot Inn and is a 3 minute walk from our new home. It has a garden (for smoking)
I have also found a place in the 02 which serves the best margaritas in the whole world . £5.20 , 2 for one. They are really big on 2 for one and 3 for one in this country. I love the books, 3 for 2. Baked beans, 3 for 1, mince 3 for 2....buy one get one half price...is a bit confusing but I think I will get it eventually. The margaritas somehow I understood straight away.
Food is good. It is really cheap to eat in and kak expensive to eat out. That's all you need to know here.
Drinking is expensive. You pay per glass of wine what we would normally pay per bottle. It all works out quite well in the end though. I spend less on books, less on food, and less on clothes. The leftover pays for alcohol. Works for me.
Smoking is something else altogether. I am going to have to stop smoking when my SA cigarettes run out. Seeing as I cannot even smoke IN MY OWN HOME, they are going to last a long time especially seeing as Ann arrived this week and has brought me 400 Vogue Slims. Dr Lauren has me all signed up to the National Health Stop Smoking Sysyem (yes, it does exist...can you believe it???)
Bloody hell.
Well, I am going to make supper now. Prawn tails (they look very nice) £1 per packet. With a salad I think, and a nice glass of white wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment