Thursday, June 25, 2009

shopping

Dr Lauren and Darling Simon are coming round to ours tonight. That's what they say here.
"I'll come round to yours."
"You come round to ours."
I have not yet heard anyone say "Lets go round to theirs" but I'm sure they do.
Anyway, I decided to make dishes that Dr Lauren likes. Chutney chicken. I looked for an alternative to Mrs Balls as I didn't want to use half a bottle of it on one meal.
(for the record, I hate chutney,and wouldn't care if I never saw Mrs Balls again, but Paul likes it.)
The alternatives were odd to say the least. Lime chutney, tomato chutney, mango chutney, I was prepared to try something new, but no, there on the top shelf was dear old Mrs Ball. £1.59

Next, brown onion soup (packet)
No packets except for Broccoli and Stilton. I am going to use Ainsley Harriott's Classic French Onion cup a soup instead. It was the closest I could get.

Then the chicken. Dear god the chicken! Look at this...
  • Sainsbury’s Fresh British chicken reared indoors to Assured Chicken Production standards
  • Sainsbury’s Devonshire Red corn fed chicken which is a slow growing chicken reared indoors to the RSPCA’s Freedom Food standard
  • Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference West Country free range chicken which is a slow growing chicken reared outdoors in a traditional free range system
  • Sainsbury’s SO Organic West Country free range organic chicken which is a slow growing chicken reared outdoors to Soil Association standards
and I kid you not...you can watch a VIDEO of these bloody chickens bring raised.

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/food/foodandfeatures/safety_quality/articles/chicken_video.htm

They are certifiably mad in this country.

Dessert was going to be fridge tart, discovered there are no Tennis biscuits here. I am going with Sainsburys Malted Milk biscuits. They are the closest to Tennis I could get.
This is the last whenwe meal I am ever making. And I am only doing it today because Dr Lauren and Simon are coming to ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment