Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Friendly Dublin

I didn't realise how I have got used to the Londoners over the past months. Scared the shit out of me when The Dublin Folk smiled... and actually SPOKE! Apologised if they bumped into me. Asked me if I needed help when I was standing on the street like a tit with an open map in my hands.
Waiters made conversation. Shop people asked how I was . It was amazing. I got a free ride on a bus because I didn't have change. Going back to the hotel on the Luas (tram system) the whole carriage engaged me in a conversation. I couldn't read my book. We all waved goodbye to the lady whose daughter was getting married on Friday, and wished her good weather.
There was a child on the DART (overland train) who was at least 5 years old. She had a dummy in her mouth, and an ipod in her ears. I so wish I could have taken a photo. But, ever polite, I didn't , just caught the eye of other passengers and we did silent 'tut tut isn't that terrible' faces.
Would never never happen in London. Still and all...I would rather live in London

No comments:

Post a Comment