Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday Blues & tattoos





Officially Monday is the day I clean the apartment. Today, not so much. I have been procrastinating for about 4 hours now.
Yesterday was the most glorious London summer's day. I had to take a walk seeing there were no buses due to a London marathon. It all ended at the 02 so there was much jubilation and balloons and bands playing in the street, it was lovely. Then I took the DLR train to tower gate, got the 100 bus (jeez, I am getting good at this!) and found my way to the Tobacco Dock to meet up with Lovely Niece Sam and The Gorgeous Son to attend the London Tattoo Convention. It was the most facinating outing I have had for years. There were tattoo artists from all over the world...thousands of tattoo'd folk, outrageous outfits! I so nearly got a tattoo, but the £60 minimum charge put me off a bit. Also, I didn't really see anything I fancied. There was no stall that said 'naff little flowers' It was all 'Harcore Tokyo', Realms of Pain' , and 'What the Fuck kind of a tattoo is that??' (well, not really that last one!) Next year I will be prepared and take my naff little flower design with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment