Monday, August 30, 2010

Birthday Girl

Yes, that's right...this was my birthday treat, going to see Le Mis which I have always wanted to see! It is the longest running musical ever and is still not as old as me. That is a very depressing thought.
Nonetheless, despite being a Le Mis myself about the whole turning 50 thing, Dr Lauren put up with/ignored my bitching and moaning and organised a splendid day, theatre and then a fabulous evening at Cape Town Fish Market with all family and good friends. We had a marvellous time and got the last train back to Surbiton which was quite amusing with a somewhat trashed husband who laughed all the way home.
On my actual birthday I hobbled around like the old person I now am, having put my back out, got tablets from the stupid doctor that put my stomach out (although Dr Lauren did tell me not to have that glass of wine on my birthday, which apparently didn't help) Nonetheless, I was cured by an amazing chiropractor (from Durban) who magically returned me to an upright position.
Anyone who says 50 is the new 40 is talking crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment