Monday, August 9, 2010

Recycle

Darling Simon may be very happy that I am now suffering for my past sins.
They are recycling bevok here in Surbiton.
This is what I have.
A green box for tins, paper , plastic (not the lids) and bottles (not the lids)
A brown box for food (cooked and uncooked)
A white bag for cardboard.
A black bin for plastic and other landfill.
A brown caddy for inside , to be put into the brown outside bin. But with different bag inserts.
Garden waste has to be in a bio degradable green bag fetched every 2 weeks, same day as the landfill dustbin.
The other bins are emptied once a week on a Wednesday, but only to be put out an hour before collection.
The large amount of cardboard that I accumulated from buying lots of furniture, had to be collected by an independent agent (Dean) (£40) (twice)
Dean used to be a paparazzi and knows Paul Mc Cartney and said he is a total tosser and as tight as anything,
I didn't ask him how he got from knowing Paul Mc Cartney to picking up rubbish in Surbiton.
FUCK THE PLANET. I HATE RECYCLING
I have had to cut off labels, putting the plastic bit in the black bin, the cardboard bit in the white bag, the paper bit in the green thing.
The Hubby gets the whole deer in the headlights thing every time he has to throw anything away. So he just puts it all on the kitchen table . (£95 from Princess Alice Charity store, inlaid italian ceramic tiles)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! (I'm back) That is some pretty intense recycling. I still can't get over the fact that Surbiton is a real place. I keep expecting you to write about Margot and Jerry.

    ReplyDelete