Wednesday, August 18, 2010

recycling se gat

I am fed up with this recycling lark.

Who knew that the brown (outside) (as opposed to the smaller brown inside caddy) had a lockable lid? Looks like a handle to me. The reason it has a lockable lid is so the foxes can't strew your rotting leftovers all over the pavement on rubbish day.
Learnt that one the hard way!
And when you pick all the gunk up (the week old strawberries were particularly disgusting) you can only put the food back in the caddy, not the 10 meters of carlton towel you used to scoop it up with. (I have no marigolds...translation: yellow rubber gloves)
So then...what to do with the yukky carlton towel? It can't go in the paper recycling (green) container, because that doesn't have a lid. (foxes)
It shouldn't go in the landfill, because it is recyclable. Anyway, I still have so much landfill stuff (medium sized black bin, to be transferred to large wheelie bin) and that bin is only collected every 2 weeks.
I am hoping this will stop being a problem when I stop buying new stuff for the house that comes draped in polystyrene and plastic.
And just to add to my joy, I now have TWO green bins so that I can put bottles, plastic and tins (washed) in one and paper (have to shred the fecking stuff with personal details on) in the other.

I WILL NEVER EVER EVER VOTE FOR THE GREEN PARTY.

And , worse, I have to get a kitchen dustbin in which to throw stuff to be sorted later (by hand, by me...The Hubby is still freaked out by the whole thing) because when it is raining you can't be going into the alley every 5 minutes to throw something away because then the kitchen floor gets filthy.
And if the mop really gets dirty and I have to throw it away...where will I throw it? What is it? Will the wood bit will have to be sawn into little pieces to fit in the brown caddy with food and flower clippings? The metal bit will be landfill..the mop end is textile so it goes in the 2nd green bin with the paper...do you see my issues here?

Bloody hell.


No comments:

Post a Comment