Sunday, February 20, 2011

Recovery

Goodness, I am soooo much better!

Am no longer in constant pain
My upper body strength is quite impressive now. Up and down the stairs like a monkey.
Can do limited jobs if I can do them sitting down or crawling.
Can get into the bath by myself, brush my teeth and wash my hair. Can't get out of the bath though, but am working on it.
Can shave my one remaining leg.
Can make coffee and swoosh it along the counter to where I can reach it if I sit on the kitchen chair nearest the sink.

Have learnt a lot.

Not a good idea to pull yourself up on a chair.
Opening the fridge/cupboard while standing on one leg is also not a good idea.

Was going to go for an outing today...either Zizzi's , or pub around the corner (both within crutches/time allowed for leg not elevated reach.
The Hubby declared the weather too inclement so did not go.

The Hubby (whom I have SPOILT and RUINED for the last 30 years) has learnt more than me.

He can now do the washing/drying
Cook a meal
Perform basic cleaning tasks

Amazing.

Bless him, he really doesn't quite know what to do with this helpless wife, but when in doubt , he buys me stuff. Flowers, books, pyjamas, weekend lounging outfits, chocolates, brandy, Radley handbags....

I love The Hubby






No comments:

Post a Comment