Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Staples

Stitches....everyone said STITCHES out, nobody said STAPLES! )
Ow Ow Ow! Was a bit of a shock to see the metalwork in my ankle. The Gorgeous Son drove me to the hospital. No problems with the NHS, am still V. impressed. Apart from the fact that a wheelchair was not available and I had to get to the rooms a hundred million miles away on my crutches, but I guess the hopping was good for me. I was totally knackered , but after all, this was the first exercise I have had for 3 weeks.
I now have a fibreglass cast, very snazzy, am impressed. I had a choice of colours...pink, purple, blue, green, yellow, red...I chose green. To match my eyes. And my bruises.

Had x rays and all...love my doctor, but she said I have to keep the leg elevated for another 5 weeks, and NEVER put the foot to the ground.
Bloody hell.
Fine, I am beginning to like this staying in bed and reading all day.




No comments:

Post a Comment